Widely recognised as the powerhouse empowering organisations and driving forward digital transformation, the cloud is set to witness some of its highest spending growth in the coming year, with Gartner expecting the market to reach $600 billion by the end of 2023, a significant uptake from $410.9 billion in 2021.
New realities such as remote working have seen enterprises move their workloads to hybrid and distributed cloud environments, utilising a combination of clouds to simplify the distribution of their applications and services. Accelerating the next phase of their digitisation, many organisations have capitalised on a multi-cloud architecture to deliver an array of benefits, including:
- Flexibility and Scalability – Businesses can quickly scale their storage size according to demand at any time
- Competitive Pricing – As the number of multi-cloud providers grows, the market is becoming increasingly competitive; this encourages differentiation for providers who will optimise their pricing structures and diversify their offerings in order to gain a competitive edge. As a result, consumers will be able to obtain the best option for their specific IT requirements
- Avoid Vendor Dependency and Lock-in – Spreading across multiple environments diminishes the likelihood of vendor lock-in; this allows companies to build a stronger position for negotiation
- Dependable Security – Data loss prevention services offer pre-designed tools and services to secure cloud data across multiple clouds
- Increased Resilience – Multi-cloud architectures can provide reliable backups and recovery capabilities which diminish the likelihood of losing critical business applications and data
While many enterprises initially moved to the cloud to exponentially improve their growth, the growing complexity introduced by multi-cloud operations placed an excessive strain on IT teams. Many enterprises are now focused on managing these cloud infrastructures, keeping pace with growing customer expectations by leveraging the tools necessary to improve Cloud Ops.
At Kalibr8, we deliver automated and easy-to-use cloud cost solutions to alleviate the overwhelming strain on IT teams, developing a transparent multi-cloud architecture that can be easily monitored with our advanced scheduling. The Kalibr8 solution provides significant value add with our cost optimisation tools which allow you to manage cloud resources efficiently and securely, ensuring that your budgets are being maximised while diminishing the numerous pain points that have tormented developers, such as:
- Inconsistent infrastructure – Limits flexibility to alter strategies in response to external changes or the requirements of the business
- Constantly fluctuating application landscape – Facilitating the growing complexity of application architectures is integral to avoiding stagnating app releases
- Inefficient management – Inconsistency across a multi-cloud architecture exposes security vulnerability while also sufficiently ramping up costs
As cloud models increasingly become more data-consuming and complex, industry expertise and effective tool utilisation can minimise risks while augmenting business performance with a quality multi-cloud architecture to provide a competitive edge in any industry.